Who We Are
The Juneau Reentry Coalition is a collaboration of individuals, community stakeholders, public and not-for-profit agencies, faith-based and business partners who are united and committed to reducing recidivism among ex-offenders returning to the community.
The mission of the JREC is to promote public safety by identifying and implementing strategies that increase a former prisoner’s well-being within the community and reduces the likelihood of their return to prison.
We will accomplish this by:
- Improved communication and collaboration between the Alaska Department of Corrections, other State agencies, and the community.
- Building community partnerships to strengthen local services.
- Identifying barriers to successful reentry into the community after incarceration and taking an active role in addressing those concerns.
- Support transitioning offenders in accessing community support services pre/post-release.
- Work in conjunction with the Alaska Reentry Task Force to inform and promote reentry efforts within Alaska.
- Promote community awareness about underlying causes and conditions that lead to incarceration.