Juneau Reentry Coalition Leadership
Community volunteers provide organizational leadership for the Juneau Reentry Coalition (JREC). This leadership body is called the JREC Steering Team. The Juneau Reentry Coalition’s leadership team’s roster is designed to represent a cross-section of community interests, expertise, and perspectives. This way, the coalition’s activities and objectives are well informed and well-founded through community involvement.
The Steering Team is led by Co-chairs, one representing the Alaska Department of Corrections (DOC) and one community member. Staff to the coalition is provided by the Coalition Coordinator.
The Steering Team united goals are:
- To enhance the health and safety of the local community.
- To develop and strengthen collaboration with local organizations and agencies who are focused on providing reentry services in the Juneau community.
- To develop and strengthen collaboration with the Alaska Department of Corrections.
- To identify barriers for returning citizens and actively promote public awareness and proactively work on developing ways to address these barriers.
- To collaborate and communicate with other local reentry coalitions to broaden and expand reentry programs and services throughout the state of Alaska.
Steering Team Organization
The Juneau Reentry Coalition Leadership team is organized as listed in the below table.
|2||Dept. of Corrections Co-chair|
|5||Behavioral Health & Wellness Member|
|6||Community Education & Outreach Member|
|7||Education & Training Member|
|9||Family Support Member|
|11||Peer Support Member|
|12||Law Enforcement Member|
|13||Faith-Based Organization Member|
|14||Victim Advocate Member|
|15||Legal Professional Member|
|16||Juneau At-Large Member|
|17||Juneau At-Large Member|
|18||Juneau At-Large Member|
|19||Reentry Case Management Member|
|20||Coalition Coordinator (non-voting)|
Current Steering Team Members
|Teri Tibbett||Alaska Mental Health Board, and Alaska Advisory Board on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse||Community Co-chair|
|Sgt. Derek Johnson||Lemon Creek Correctional Center||Dept. of Corrections Co-chair|
|Deb Percy/Rachel Gearhart||JAMHI Health & Wellness||Fiscal Agent|
|Talia Eames||Tlingit & Haida, Reentry and Recovery Department||Tribal Member|
|Jim Swanson||Alaska Division of Vocational Rehabilitation||Employment & Education/Training|
|Jim Musser||JAMHI Health & Wellness||Peer Support|
|Christina Lee||Tlingit & Haida, Reentry and Recovery Department||Housing|
|Nathan Block||JAMHI Health & Wellness||Reentry Case Manager|
|Don Habeger||Staff||Community Coordinator|