Dear JREC Community:
September is National Recovery Month. Several events are planned for Juneau, open to all, and these are:
- Saturday, September 10th, Recovery Walk/Run @ 10 am starting at Capitol Steps.
- Saturday, September 17th, Candlelight Vigil: 6–7:30 pm @ Marine Park Pavilion with a memorial.
- Saturday, September 24th, Bonfire Event @ Auke Rec Raven Shelter 3–6 pm.
September is also Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, and the Juneau Suicide Prevention Coalition has events planned.
- Friday, September 2nd, 11:00 am-1:00 pm, Coffee at the Sealaska Arts Plaza: Suicide Prevention Awareness Month and Recovery Month Kick-Off. An opportunity to meet Juneau Suicide Prevention Coalition and Tlingit & Haida Healing Center over a cup of coffee (or tea/hot chocolate/apple cider!) to learn more about what we do, ask questions, make suggestions, gather resources, and pick up a button to wear showing your support for Suicide Prevention Awareness.
- Saturday, September 10th, A Community BBQ at Sandy Beach from 11:00 am –2:30 pm.
- Saturday, September 10th, Canoe Healing-Journeys. One People Canoe Society will be offering three 2-hour Healing-Journeys from Sandy Beach. Registration is required and reserved for suicide loss and attempt survivors.
- Training and workshops are also available. Please visit their information page by clicking here to learn more about them.